by Kevin Gunn
While we all seek to show the special someone in our lives how much we care about him or her every day, Valentine’s Day is the quintessential time for showing that love. And Pawleys Island is a great place to take that special someone.
With romantic restaurants, scenery, and a relaxing off-the-beaten-track vibe, Pawleys Island affords the perfect backdrop for a day or evening outing.
The below are some fun, lighthearted suggestions of Valentine’s Day Do’s and Don’ts.
The Valentines Day Don’ts
1. Don’t forget the day. Put it in your calendar, or set an alert or reminder.
P.S. Wishing your loved one a Happy Valentine’s Day on February 13 does not count. Restaurants will get booked far in advance, set your plans now if you haven’t already.
2. If you’re buying a gift for a woman, don’t make it a kitchen appliance. Unless she really, really loves that kind of thing and asked for something specific…
3. If your significant other isn’t into your favorite type of cuisine, then don’t take him or her there. Instead, find something you both will enjoy.
The Valentines Day Do’s
1. Send a gift at work. What better way to start the day than with a nice surprise? Win the day with this move.
2. Turn off the electronics. Being present is one of the greatest gifts you can give someone. Make your loved one feel special by giving the phone a break for the night.
3. Watch a movie you’ll both enjoy. Compromise is bliss.