Surfside Beach Reminders & Tips
by the Town of Surfside Beach
Surfside Beach is proud of our beach area. It’s the center and heart of the town, and we’re happy to share it with our visitors.
Surfside Beach is the only area in Horry County that allows beach shading devices other than umbrellas. You can bring a tent or canopy to our beach, as long as it’s 10 feet by 10 feet or less. We ask that visitors follow a few simple rules when using a tent, or any shading device:
• Shading devices and tents cannot be bigger than 10-feet by 10-feet
• Shading devices and tents must be 10-feet apart—lifeguards and beach patrol need safe access to the entire beach
• Shading devices and tents must be behind the line-of-sight for lifeguards
• Shading devices and tents should be kept in a line to provide lifeguards a proper line-of-sight
• No shading devices, tents or activities on the dunes
• Secure your shading device in the wind. Tie down ropes should go straight down. Angled ropes are a tripping hazard.
• Keep in mind, some days it might be too windy to use a shading device or tent.
We thank you for following these rules and hope you enjoy your time in the Town of Surfside Beach! Visit: www.surfsidebeach.org/beaches-2 to view all beach related information.