Posts in category

Community

Divine Dining Group

Read More

America’s Furniture Warehouse

Read More

Peace, Love, and Little Donuts

Read More

Dry cleaner handing clothing to a customer with a smile.

Your Locally Owned and Operated Dry Cleaners By Melissa LaScaleia Mr. and Mrs. Lee are the owners and operators of Top Cleaners in Surfside Beach.  They are originally from Seoul, South Korea, and moved to Myrtle Beach twenty years ago from New York.   “We came to Myrtle Beach because our pastor invited us here,” …

0 18

Lieutenant Colonel “Gabby” Gabreski was 1 of 7 pilots to become an ace in two wars. A WWII and Korean War veteran, he was also commander of the Myrtle Beach Air Force Base from 1956-1960.  Colonel Francis S. Gabreski By Melissa LaScaleia Francis (Gabby) S. Gabreski was born to Polish immigrant parents in Oil City, …

0 19

Preventing Home Fires By Melissa LaScaleia More people die every year in home fires than in any other natural disaster combined across the United States, including California wildfires, tornados, and earthquakes.  In the Horry and Georgetown areas, the American Red Cross responds to a home fire approximately three times per week.  Volunteers provide care and …

0 11

Introduce me to your family.   It’s my wife Rhonda and I, and we have a little wiener dog, a dachshund named Macie.  I have a daughter Michelle, and her husband John, and their son Elijah, and they live in Pennsylvania.  John is U.S. Army retired.  Rhonda has a daughter Sonni, and her husband is Don, …

0 19

Mitchell Plyler of AmeriSpec conducts home inspections for all private and commercial properties. Going beyond just inspection, he educates clients about how to maintain their homes properly, so they can prepare for their future and prevent unpleasant surprises.  More Than Inspected, AmeriSpec Inspected By Melissa LaScaleia AmeriSpec conducts home inspections for residential homes, condos, and …

0 35

January Blues By Emma Ware Happy New Year, a phrase so familiar as we entered 2019 and ended a kaleidoscope of holiday season activities. It’s time to reflect just how much we survived and what we wished we had done differently. Every January, we want to make the New Year better than the last and …

0 17

The Tire Town team from left to right: Howie Jones, J.R., Bob Kuehne, Mark Myers, Scott Buff, and Dave Chavez  They Want to Be Your Tire Guy By Melissa LaScaleia This year, Tire Town celebrates 50 years of business in Myrtle Beach as a tire installation and automotive repair company.  It’s locally owned and operated …

0 54

Our readership for home delivery is over 40,000 papers monthly, and our rack distribution readership is 60,000. With numbers reaching over 100,000 people monthly along the Grand Strand, each community can spread their message outside of their boundaries.  Our Evolution Then to Now By Melissa LaScaleia The new year is upon us, and we at …

0 21

World War II veteran Houston Blancett lives in Myrtle Beach today. “Even at my age now, I’d serve again,” he says.  By Melissa LaScaleia I’m originally from Alabama.  In 1944, World War II was drawing to a close, and I wanted to join the service and go to war.  But I was sixteen years old …

0 16

January and February are prime luxury cruising times and the time to book your vacation for the best deals and promotions is now.  Pampered Journeys: Where Travelers Are Well Taken Care Of By Melissa LaScaleia In an interview with the Insider, Marina Foy speaks about her company, Pampered Journeys, and what’s available to tempt Myrtle …

0 11