Posts in category

Community

Divine Dining Group

Read More

America’s Furniture Warehouse

Read More

Peace, Love, and Little Donuts

Read More

“I was drafted in Pennsylvania and from there I was sent to Oregon as part of the United States Army Infantry.  From there, half of us went to Europe, and the other half were sent down the coast of California.  I was part of the group that went to California, where we were in training …

0 12

Myrtle Beach’s unique musical history is part of the story being told through the restoration and re-use of Charlie’s Place on Carver Street.  Charlie Fitzgerald and his wife, Sarah, owned the Myrtle Beach nightspot from the late 1930s to the early 1960s.  The Shag and “beach music” all have their origins here.  Famous African-Americans entertained …

0 6

Ah, Surfside Beach. The Family Beach. A lovely, quiet seaside haven. With a top-notch police force and a fire department that boasts the highest rating in the state of South Carolina.  Our two-mile stretch of beach and town is a tiny gem in the crown of the Grand Strand. We may be small, but we …

0 12

Nighttime creeps in earlier every day as autumn settles in. The evenings are cooler, though the daytime heat hangs on.  October is a busy time for the Grand Strand.  Even though it’s officially the “off” season and most tourists have returned to their homes, there are still many events to enjoy. Locals gather to celebrate …

0 5

Introduce me to your family.  I have a daughter; she lives in Silver Spring, Maryland, and one grandson.  My sister and her family lives in Murrells Inlet.  Where are all the places you came from? Where do you live now? I was born and raised in New York City.  I lived in New Jersey for …

0 19

The March of Dimes is a non-profit organization whose mission is to fight for the health of babies and their mothers through research, education, and advocacy.  For many years, their focus has centered almost exclusively on babies and preventing premature births.  But in the past few years, the organization has undergone a significant brand change …

0 71

Leonella Gonzalez graduated four years ago from the Integrative Nutrition School based out of New York as a holistic health coach.  “I was struggling a lot with crash diets,” she says.  “I was killing myself with fat-loss pills and putting myself in starvation mode.  Finally, I became more interested in how I felt rather than …

0 157

Joe Reinhardt is originally from Syracuse, NY where he worked for many years in corporate sales.  In 2001, he moved to Myrtle Beach seeking sunnier skies and a slower pace of living.  He began working part time as a chauffeur, then opened his own business, Carolina Limousine & Coach, in 2007.  “I started with one …

0 148

Bailey Turner discovered Wine and Design when she was a sophomore at Coastal Carolina University.  A graphic design major with a minor in studio art, she was looking for a job doing something she loved, and began working at one of Wine and Design’s franchise locations in Myrtle Beach.  After graduation she moved to Chicago, …

0 157

Since its beginnings in 1997, Conway Builders of Myrtle Beach has taken pride in offering quality workmanship.  The family owned and operated company specializes in kitchen and bath remodeling and all other interior house finishings.  Michael Sokolik, Jr. is vice president of the company and partner with his stepfather Victor Conway.  Victor has been in …

0 24