Posts in category

Community

Divine Dining Group

Read More

America’s Furniture Warehouse

Read More

Peace, Love, and Little Donuts

Read More

Here to Care: For Your Feathered, Furry and Scaly Friends by Melissa LaScaleia Mistie Velasco started her petsitting business in Myrtle Beach, 3 Cats & a Dog Petsitting Services, in 2004.  She is also a veterinary technician at Ark Animal Hospital, where she’s been working for the past nineteen years.  “It is a symbiotic relationship,” …

0 9

Savannah’s Playground is an inclusive park for all located in the Market Common that features play equipment that is approved by the American Disabilities Act, so that children with physical disabilities who would not be able otherwise to participate in the traditional childhood activity of playing at a playground, safely can.  This is the project …

0 53

Edward Jones, established in 1922, is a privately-held firm that provides financial services to serious, long-term individual investors in the U.S. and Canada. The firm’s 17,600 financial advisors serve more than 7 million clients and care for $1 trillion in assets under management. Personal service to the individual is of utmost importance. The branch-office business …

0 25

Robert E. Wilkins, Jr. is the senior sales and leasing manager for East Coast Volkswagen and Honda of Myrtle Beach.  “I moved here four years ago from Fayetteville, North Carolina,” he tells the Insider in an interview.  “And I began working here after I moved.  I earned certifications in sales of specialty cars, specifically Volkswagen.  …

0 22

Ocean Lakes Golf Cars is a division of the Jackson Companies, of which Ocean Lakes Family Campground is also a part.  In the late 80s, the owners of Ocean Lakes Family Campground started a small golf car rental business within the campground so people could traverse the 310 acre property as well as one mile …

0 97

Jim Whitmore grew up in New Jersey and moved to South Carolina to attend The Citadel.  He graduated in 1989, and since then, has lived all over the Carolinas, mostly in Charleston.  For twelve years he served in the United States Army as a helicopter pilot and officer, spending the majority of that time in …

0 16

The owner of Modern Cleansing Wellness, Beth Luke Good, was born in Orlando, Florida.  Her father was a U.S. Air Force Officer, and transferred to Myrtle Beach when Beth was a year old.  Beth has been a massage therapist for twenty-three years, and is a member of the NBCHT and I-ACT.  Modern Cleansing Wellness has …

0 17

Sarah Johnson and V. Lee Moore started their firm in 2001.  Their original firm consisted of only Sarah, Lee, and one paralegal.  Then Elizabeth Saraniti joined their practice, and the three partners grew their firm to five attorneys and a staff of nine.  As their firm expanded, they gradually evolved from their original office into …

0 23

Part II Continued from last month…. At one o’clock and two-seconds later, there’s a call.  I’m in a classroom and an announcement comes in: “Will Mr. Davis please come in.”  Now in the Navy, they don’t call you ‘Mr.’ unless you’re an officer, going to jail, or something good happened.  So I get in there, …

0 35

Happy Birthday This Month Jim! Introduce me to your family.  I have two daughters, Susan Grose and Kathy Byers, and a granddaughter named Brittany Byers.  Where are all the places you came from? Where do you live now? I was born in West Virginia and I went to high school in Summersville, West Virginia.  On …

0 33